Subject: Re: My prayers have been heared!
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@Melog.DE>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/16/1999 15:01:50
At 04:53 16.12.99 +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

>Finally, I've been convinced there IS a god:
>Adobe's making FrameMaker for Linux, free for download:
>http://www.adobe.com/products/framemaker/fmlinux.html
>
>I'm still downloading, any experiences so far? :)

Humm... the usual fight to force the installer to install on NetBSD...

The demo license is not found (installed as described in Adobe's license
key mail). Then, a splash screen, the five-button window, a sand-clock and
impressive load numbers.

portmap eats up a quarter of the CPU.

In the syslog: "/netbsd: linux_old_to_native_sigaction: sa_restorer
ignored" -- a thousand times or more.

Nothing else.

PPro/200, 128MB RAM, NetBSD 1.4.1 && suse_linux pkg 6.1a

         hauke

--
Hauke Fath                        Tangro Software Components GmbH
                                         D-69115 Heidelberg