Subject: Re: Which OS would YOU choose?
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/15/1999 23:48:46
"Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> writes:
> Julian Assange <proff@iq.org> writes:
> > Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org> writes:
> >
> > > publicize what their products were based on.  Not for reasons of 'distrust'
> > > so much as "it's no ones business what the inside of our product looks
> > > like".
> >
> > What did these people contribute back to the project?
>
> I've got four computers from one such company. I think Herb has a
> giant stack of them. Most such companies have been cooperative with
> us, if not always willing to let us use them for publicity.

Uh, actually, if you look at the Shark web pages, you'll note that
they _do_ say that Sharks run NetBSD, though they don't make the
association between NC/OS for the "real software suite" or whatever it
is and NetBSD.

DEC was _not at all_ the typical case of "don't tell anybody what
software it runs," at least for the Shark.

cgd