Subject: Re: Which OS would YOU choose?
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/08/1999 16:24:16
In message <el2hfhtjcog.fsf@eniwetok.ihack.net>, Charles M. Hannum writes:
>So it's `polite' for us to guess, based on total lack of information,
>that they don't want this publicized?  Even though anyone with half a
>brain could figure it out in 5 minutes and post an article on
>slashdot?  I don't buy it.  What I buy is that they don't *care*
>whether NetBSD is mentioned, so they just don't bother.  It's `our'
>job to make them care.

Certainly plausible.  I guess it depends on how one discusses it.

"Whaddya mean, no one uses it?  How 'bout them IBM network computers that
 were using /i386?"

"Well, I dunno if it's reliable enough for you.  Is 'NASA sends it into space'
 reliable enough for you?"

Contrast with submitting to slashdot "IBM STEALS NETBSD'S EL1TE CODE SECRETZ!"

(Of course, this may not be the best time to talk about "NASA sends it into
space" when talking to people with short memories and no real comprehension of
the issues.)

-s