Subject: Re: Which OS would YOU choose?
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/08/1999 15:41:35
In message <el2ln75jglq.fsf@eniwetok.ihack.net>, Charles M. Hannum writes:
>How, pray tell, does saying `Company Foo is shipping NetBSD on Product
>Bar' make us `assholes'??  That's utterly ludicrous.

If they want to keep it under the table, for whatever (probably stupid)
reason, it's *polite* to let them do it.  ;-)

>It strikes me that people are treating such an a statement as somehow
>unwantedly `tainting' the company.

Maybe their current belief is that it would hurt them somehow.  The point
is, it's nice for us to respect their judgement on it.  Otherwise, maybe
people will be a bit less happy to use NetBSD - and the goal is to get them
using it, no?

Then we can reveal our secret plan.

Oh, wait, no, that's Linux.

-s