Subject: Re: Which OS would YOU choose?
To: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/08/1999 11:41:27
Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET> writes:
> On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, David Maxwell wrote:
>
> > Not 'write' no, but approve the use of their name.
>
> hah!  seriously?
>
> You mean, sort of like AOL approves of the use of their name on
> http://www.aolsucks.org?

No, because that's protected by parody rights.

Lets say, however, that we wanted to use MegaCo's name. MegaCo is a
registered trademark. Using the name MegaCo to try to push our product
requires their permission, since only they have the right to use their
own name as an endorsement of a product.

You are in a maze of twisty intellectual property lawyers. They are
very expensive. I suggest getting out fast.

Perry