Subject: Re: "How to help NetBSD" web page ideas?
To: <>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/07/1999 11:35:05
On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Bill Sommerfeld wrote:

> here's a thought for something we could add to our website:

>  - software developers
> 	- port software ..
> 	- ...

the best is port software.  next best is help netbsd pkgsrc people with
porting issues.  This help can come  both in terms of helping to
understand the code (the tgif author was very helpful when I first ported
tgif and was having problems) and also accepting back our changes.  Again,
you'll note that tgif has had an empty patches directory for quite some
time due to the willingness of the author to integrate my early patches.

-Dan