Subject: My NetBSD page
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Federico Lupi <flupi@mclink.it>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/04/1999 15:34:45
I have put a short guide (in Italian) on NetBSD on my site.
The URL is

	http://www.mclink.it/personal/MG2508/netbsd.html

I have written these HOWTOS in the last six months mostly for myself
but maybe they can be useful for others too and I have decided to
collect them in a single guide.  I think that it can be useful for
the post-install configuration of NetBSD for people coming from other
operating systems because I have seen these questions over and over
on the mailing lists.

I think that the information for newbies on NetBSD is available but
too fragmented: you have to read the FAQ on the home pages, browse
the mailing lists, read man pages, ... This works if you already
know where to look.  A simple document with some starting points is
needed (not that I say that mine is good...)

The document is (sometimes) i386 oriented. It is not yet finished: I
have yet to translate many pages from troff+ms to SGML/DocBook.

The main topics are:
	What is NetBSD
	What to do after the first boot
		(eg. italian kbd, local time, virtual consoles, ...)
	Installation of the kernel sources
	Printer configuration
	Package collection
	Howto connect to an ISP
	IPNAT
	Connecting Windows and NetBSD via serial line
	Creating a small home network
	Configuring (n)vi

I know, it's in Italian, but any suggestions are welcome.

Federico Lupi