Subject: Re: mmmm... most..multi..platform...
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/29/1999 17:04:08
Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net> writes:
> On 22 Nov 1999, Charles M. Hannum wrote:
> > If only I got more support from the peanut gallery, I could be
> > 10x as effective...
>
> I'd settle for you stopping your constant whining, which might let
> the peanut gallery be a little more effective at the things it
> wants to do.
>
> Yes, you do useful work for NetBSD, and yes, it would be missed if
> you stopped doing it. But you are far from the most important NetBSD
> developer, and the world does not revolve around you and your
> opinions.

As far as I can tell, Charles is:

* One of very few developers actually getting out and e.g. shipping
CDs with NetBSD on them.

* One of very few developers actually putting a large fraction of his
time into promoting NetBSD.

* One of _very_ few developers or users who've actually sunk a decent
amount of actual _cash_ into promoting NetBSD in various ways.

As far as I can tell, he could use help with all of those things.

The world does not revolve around him or his opinions, certainly.  But
he's certainly put a lot of effort into the things he's doing, and he
has a reason for making the comments he makes -- even though they're
not always properly perfumed for polite company.  I don't see how your
your comments above are particularly justified at all.

cgd