Subject: Re: NetBSD in Action
To: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/24/1999 21:15:15
On Wed, Nov 24, 1999 at 12:40:18PM -0700, Miles Nordin wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, David Maxwell wrote:
>
> > Does anyone else find the .png images are very washed-out ?
> > (I do, as viewed in Netscape 4.61 - NetBSD 1.4/i386 & afterstep)
>
> try 'netscape -install' if you have an 8bpp framebuffer.

Nope, definitely 16bpp on the machine I was using. And I had lots
of bits to spare :-) As long as I'm the only one, ignore it.

> png trouble and correctly blame their browser.  I think the points we get
> for supporting PNG are worth the points we lose for the inconvenience.
> As long as the images are correct (in xv, or something reliable), i'm not
> too worried about the impression we're making.

Oh, didn't mean to give the impression I'm against PNG. Not at all,
I've been looking forward to it becoming as popular as it is now,
since the first announcements.

All this stuff in twice the space would only look half as bad!
					      - me