Subject: Re: [Frank da Cruz : Re: Kermit and NetBSD]
To: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/23/1999 16:50:01
David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>  wrote:
 > > OK, sorry, I must have misunderstood.  So what are some examples of
 > > third party packages that ARE distributed on NetBSD CD-ROMs?  Or are there
 >
 > Sorry, didn't mean to cause the confusion. 'ssh' was an example of what the
 > pkgsrc system requires a user to do so that they don't install licensed
 > software unintentionally.
 >
 > I've never heard a statement defining what TNF is willing to include on
 > a CD. Perhaps someone could clarify that?

umm... I think it's probably worth clarifying the various distributions
here...

What is released with NetBSD vs. what pkgsrc does vs. the various _private_
and 3rd party CDROM distributors.  So what Charles decides to put on his
CD's may be and very likely will be different from what, say, cheapbytes
puts on their CD's.

To my knowledge, TNFi doesn't and hasn't produced _any_ CD's.  Of course, I'd
be happy to be corrected on this.