Subject: Re: [Frank da Cruz : Re: Kermit and NetBSD]
To: Frank da Cruz <fdc@watsun.cc.columbia.edu>
From: Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/23/1999 17:04:17
Frank da Cruz <fdc@watsun.cc.columbia.edu> writes:

> > Frank, I think you're missing the point.  The essence of open source
> > is that any person who gets a copy of the program or source code has
> > the same rights as the person they got it from (except for certain
> > rights of ownership).  This is not the case for Kermit.
> >
> It depends on what you mean by certain rights of ownership.

It doesn't depend on what *I* mean.  It has a very well-defined
meaning.

That said, please stop this discussion now.  I've stated the position
on packaging Kermit on NetBSD CDs.  Until the Kermit license changes,
there is really no more room for discussion on this topic, and you're
just perpetuating a useless argument.