Subject: Re: [Frank da Cruz : Re: Kermit and NetBSD]
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/23/1999 17:14:49
On Tue, Nov 23, 1999 at 12:33:15PM -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Nov 1999 16:25:40 -0400
>  David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca> wrote:
>
>  > This is currently the way we handle 'licensed' open-source software (like ssh).
>
> SSH isn't Open Source, either.  Please don't claim that it is.
>
>         -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>

Sorry.  'licensed' open-source software IS an oxymoron.

I should have said 'licensed' software which distibutes source-code.
(That's the best rewording I can think of)

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,