Subject: Re: See NetBSD in Action (well, not yet ;)
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/21/1999 13:15:50
forgive me for being the cynic here, but what do these screen shots
show that says netbsd?  they could just as easily have been taken from
any platform that runs an x server.

from a cynic's point of view, all i see is x windows running a few
things here or a few different things there.  the "flashy" part is
mainly just what the windows contain or what the window manager does
with the windows.  none of which is anything that actually identifies
the netbsdishness of things.

all i see is a bunch of platform-independent applications being used,
which shows me only that it's not windows/macos/beos (although you
could also confuse that with enough work on a window manager).

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|