Subject: Re: See NetBSD in Action (well, not yet ;)
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/20/1999 14:30:13
On Sat, 20 Nov 1999, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Nov 1999 mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu wrote:
> > http://www-mtl.mit.edu/~mcmahill/netbsd/screen1.png
> > http://www-mtl.mit.edu/~mcmahill/netbsd/screen2.png
> > http://www-mtl.mit.edu/~mcmahill/netbsd/screen3.png
>
> I haven't looked at these, but: The page I have in mind is for
> _advertizing NetBSD_. Simply putting together a bunch of screenshots is
> NOT the goal. I.E.:

yeah.  Well, I guess #1 is "look you can do engineering/scientific work
with NetBSD because we have scientific apps and good packages for
scientific papers"  I do have an xdvi open where you can see a figure that
was drawn with the open tgif window.

#2 is "I can make web graphics with the Gimp, use scanners easily, and
browse and serve pages"

#3 is "Its sooo easy to install games from the package system"

but, I'm not much of a good marketing designer.  After all, much of what I
like about NetBSD isn't what I'd call exciting, stuff like "no exciting
crashes", "no exciting adventures trying to install software because its
easy", "no exciting shopping for new computers every year because my old
machines are good with NetBSD".

I did avoid xterms with code in them though.

I won't be offended if all 3 are stamped "boring".

-Dan