Subject: Re: NetWinder DOESN'T snub open-source community
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/29/1999 14:32:15
I received a reply re: NetBSD on the NetWinder:

> Sorry for the late response. I think the answer that the list member received was either
> misinterpreted, or poorly delivered by us. We had been approached some time ago about
> helping with a NetBSD port. At the time, we simply didn't have the engineering bandwidth
> to be able to guarantee much assistance, and we expected that they would need at least a
> certain level of help at the kernel level. We have a little more breathing space now,
> although it's still going to be limited. That being said, however, I would definitely
> like to see NetBSD running on the NetWinder.
>
> I'd be happy to take the initial contact and get them going with the netwinder.org group.
>
> Roger

Is anyone in particular volunteering to lead the work? I'll pass along the contact info
if you mail me, or ask on the list.

I'm in Ottawa, (Rebel.com's corporate HQ city) so I'll help with things if I can, but I
have too much happening just now to consider taking a lead on this. (And too little
porting experience ;-)

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,