Subject: Re: NetWinder snubs open-source community
To: Ben Collver <collver@mad.scientist.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/25/1999 10:53:47
On Mon, Oct 25, 1999 at 06:46:30AM -0700, Ben Collver wrote:
> > Maybe _we_ will put up with this kind of treatment, but the Linux
> > people won't, and I have a sneaky suspicion they would very much like
> > to hear about our predicament.
>
> It depends on who "the Linux people" are.  Every GNU/Linux developer I've
> spoken with has a good opinion of the BSD and would not gloat over its
> developer's roadblocks.

I read the statement as 'Linux; Open-Source promoting people would be upset
about this.'

There happens to be an employee where I work who was a manager at NetWinder,
and I'm in the same city as Corel/NetWinder/Rebel.com. I'll see if he
has any contacts I could speak to.

All this stuff in twice the space would only look half as bad!
					      - me