Subject: Re: Chuck-on-a-card?
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: None <seebs@plethora.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/01/1999 13:06:25
In message <Pine.NEB.4.10.9910010934001.5076-100000@starwolf.com>, Greywolf wri
tes:
>I'd love to see a unification of Free/NetBSD, but I think we may have
>diverged too far for this to happen -- the code base isn't likely to merge
>very well, and there's the whole pkg thing now.

Frankly, I'm happy with the non-unified state, but I'd like to see more
cooperation.

The fact is, we *do* all benefit from the health of the *BSD community.
Hell, we all benefit from *Linux*.  (Don't believe me?  Ask me who paid
for the drivers, signed the NDA's, and leaned on people to get the NDA's
cancelled, and got me a Neomagic chipset driver in my laptop.  Hint:  They're
a publically traded Linux vendor.)

This is about cooperating and playing nice.  :)

-s