Subject: Re: Chuck-on-a-card?
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: None <seebs@plethora.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/27/1999 11:35:57
In message <199909271625.MAA10649@ghost.whirlpool.com>, Andrew Gillham writes:
>Hmm, ok.  How about if 50% goes to some baby killing satanist drug dealing
>scum, and 50% goes to NetBSD?  Still think the money is "clean" enough?

I see your point - on the other hand, if we could get all the satanist drug
dealing baby-killing scum to contribute money to NetBSD, great!  ;-)

>Right, but then NetBSD is keeping FreeBSD alive also by this argument.
>If we're talking about sharing code and users.

Agreed.  *BSD is a viable community; I don't think the subsets are as healthy.

>My basic take on this would be if TNF is going to officially sponsor,
>support, or recognize a credit card, they should have a TNF credit card
>if at all possible.  I think running for a *BSD only card and then asking
>TNF to support it is backwards.  Now if there is a quantity issue, and the
>only way it could be done is via a *BSD card, I think that would be cool.

It would be really nice to know.  I suppose I should find out more about this.

-s