Subject: Re: Chuck-on-a-card?
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: None <seebs@plethora.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/26/1999 17:57:40
In message <87670xgulp.fsf@boojum.piermont.com>, "Perry E. Metzger" writes:
>Almost all the code we share with FreeBSD is from the Berkeley era. We
>don't tend to exchange a lot these days.

Well, no wonder the Linux people make fun of us.  ;-)

>Hasn't my commentary been crystal clear already? I don't want to hand
>money to FreeBSD. They have plenty. NetBSD needs money. Count me out
>on any "*BSD" card. If the FreeBSD people want one, that's their business.

Your commentary has been clear; I'm just not sure I buy into the reasoning
offered for it.

I'd rather give a bit of money to FreeBSD, and have them give me a lot of
money, than not have the exchange.  As long as they have "plenty" of money,
and "plenty" of users, partnership is a big win for us.

-s