Subject: Re: Chuck-on-a-card?
To: None <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/26/1999 18:45:38
seebs@plethora.net writes:
> Will NetBSD get more overall code from a card which donates money to NetBSD,
> or a card which donates money to *BSD?
>
> I would bet the latter; we share a chunk of code with FreeBSD,

Almost all the code we share with FreeBSD is from the Berkeley era. We
don't tend to exchange a lot these days.

> but my guess is that there are lots of FreeBSD users who would never
> use a NetBSD card, but who might use a *BSD card.

Hasn't my commentary been crystal clear already? I don't want to hand
money to FreeBSD. They have plenty. NetBSD needs money. Count me out
on any "*BSD" card. If the FreeBSD people want one, that's their business.

--
Perry Metzger		perry@piermont.com