Subject: Re: Chuck-on-a-card?
To: None <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/26/1999 16:53:13
seebs@plethora.net writes:
> In message <87zoy9mnig.fsf@boojum.piermont.com>, "Perry E. Metzger" writes:
> >I don't know what a "Chuck" is but "Beastie" is the name of the Daemon
> >that graces *our* work.
>
> I was pretty sure Kirk's original daemon was called "Chuck".

Then you haven't read his web page.

The "Chuck" name is an invention of the FreeBSD folks.

> >> I'd get one.  Anyone else interested?  Anyone know of a good organization
> >> to be the "beneficiary"?
>
> >The NetBSD Foundation Inc.
>
> While I personally wouldn't mind, I do *NOT* want to see another *BSD
> war and format conflict show up here,

This is the NetBSD advocacy mailing list. Its for NetBSD advocacy.

Frankly, if I'm going to donate money, I'm going to want it to go the
system *I* work on, not the system other people work on. FreeBSD has
plenty of money -- they don't need mine and I don't want to give any
to them. This isn't a "war" -- this is just a matter of charity
beginning at home.

--
Perry Metzger		perry@piermont.com