Subject: Re: Devil Pictures?
To: Ethan Bakshy <ethan@enteract.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/21/1999 07:10:57
Ethan Bakshy <ethan@enteract.com>  wrote:
 > http://www.enteract.com/~ethan/dbw1.gif I think its pretty good
 >
 > though, especially for his first try... And he's willing to do
 > quite a bit of art for us.

Hey. That's not too bad actually. I had a friend do some artwork but she
suddenly got busy and hasn't been responsive lately for which I'm
disappointed... I've discovered that's it's really difficult to get
just the right facial expression... You either end up with a daemon
that looks like a baby, or drunk or sheepish or worse, you could end
up with that 'thing' another BSD has...

 > So maybe we could use him to make a neat t-shirt design or cover-art
 > for the yet to be officially released NetBSD?

I'm also torn between the Chucks and the Birkies... I actually like
the runners but a lot of people prefer the Birkenstocks as being more
"Berkeley"...

anyway, I urge your friend to continue... I actually quite like the
guy on my homepage (www.beer.org) who was done by my friend in Stockholm.