Subject: RE: Daemon News Daily Site
To: None <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
From: Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 09/15/1999 17:37:25
On Wed, 15 Sep 1999 brooks@one-eyed-alien.net wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Neumann, Matthew C wrote:
>
> > I like it, too; my only concern is that it might duplicate what slashdot
> > does already.  It does seem that rob runs a lot of BSD stuff on /. .  Will
> > daemonnews be able to round up enough stories?
>
> Well, there are some things I can think of that would be appropriate for a
> BSD specific news site that wouldn't make it onto Slashdot.  For instance,
> I think it would be cool if development anouncements like
> feature/code/ports freezes were published there.  I just can't see /.
> posting that sort of thing.

Why not? Slashdot posts information about code freezes/beta
releases/kernels of the day of Linux distributions. I'm sure if similar
information was provided about the BSDs then at least some of it would
make it through.

Some of the /. admins at least do seem to make an effort to approve BSD
stories, we can make it statistically easier for them by giving them more
articles :-)

Kris