Subject: Re: SETI...?
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@labitzke.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 08/23/1999 11:22:53
Hello...

* Mason Loring Bliss (mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us) [990823 11:15]:
| > Oh, BTW: Can we expect NetBSD-clients for x86 version 1.3? Or even better
| > those clients in ELF format?
|
| Eh? 1.3? That's there, isn't it? As for ELF clients, the SETI people did not

No, I am talking about the clients version, not the NetBSD version. 1.3 is
there only for arm.

| seem interested. They suggested running the SCO client, which is somewhat
| silly. (I don't believe it was statically linked, although I may be wrong.)
| I assume their interest in providing NetBSD-sparc-ELF clients will be even
| less enthusiastic.

If those slashdot reports weren't completely off, the SETI@home team was simply
overwhelmed with the number of people who joined. They haven't got enough
data and wouldn't mind to have less participants. So it would make sense to
get rid of a few persons...   (All this is based on articles from others, I
haven't seen anything on this from SETI itself yet.)

Bye, Bjoern

--
Bjoern Labitzke  <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
   Use PGP! (Don't you use envelopes for your letters?)