Subject: Re: Server uptime
To: None <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: D'Arcy" "J.M. <darcy@druid.druid.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 08/21/1999 06:23:33
Thus spake Hubert Feyrer
> On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, David Brownlee wrote:
> > 	On the other hand I wouldn't choose to be running a version
> > 	of any OS available over seven years ago :)
>
> Would *you* reboot a machine with 7 years of uptime just for an OS
> upgrade?!?

Maybe.  I often reboot a system if it has been up a long time not because
of any technical reason but just so I don't fall into the trap you are
suggesting here.  When my friends start boasting about their uptimes I
look to see if I need to reboot so I am not tempted to join in.  I don't
want to find myself making technical decisions based on uptimes.