Subject: Re: SETI or RC5
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 06/30/1999 14:54:12
If you don't think that looking for alilens is a worthwhile way to spend
your spare CPU cycles, then consider joining the NetBSD RC5 team at
distributed.net.  Maybe not as sexy a project, but demonstrating the
ability to "crack" a supposedly unbreakable cypher probably has more
relevance to all of our daily lives (encryption, ITAR, etc) than the
extremely remote chance of finding ET!

Check out www.distributed.net for more info.

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 30, 1999 at 01:18:12PM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
>
> > Team NetBSD is far behind other OS teams in the seti@home
> > statistics. Not many people have joined it thus far. Help find aliens
> > AND help NetBSD's profile!
>
> Okay. I've got a couple boxes working on it. I'll try to get a couple friends
> involved.

| Paul Goyette      | PGP DSS Key fingerprint:   | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Engineer  |   BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker |   91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 |  pgoyette@juniper.net |