Subject: Re: Have NetBSD, will travel.
To: Louis Bertrand <louis@bertrandtech.on.ca>
From: Julian Assange <proff@iq.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 06/29/1999 16:36:07
Louis Bertrand <louis@bertrandtech.on.ca> writes:

> Hello Julian,
>
> That would make you the Paul Theroux [1,2] of the BSD world. Care to write
> a travel journal or something?  At the very least, I'm sure the nice folks
> at Daemon News (editor@daemonnews.org) would be interested.
>
> Ciao!
>  --Louis
>
> [1] Paul Theroux, Riding the Iron Rooster : By Train Through China
> [2] ..., The Great Railway Bazaar : By Train Through Asia

Yes, I've read these two books. Quite brutal on the Chinese was Mr.
Theroux. `we can always fool a foreigner'. Personally, I'm having a
good time, although reading papers like the China Daily [the English
language Chinese semantic equivalent of pravda], makes one realise
just how pervasive, but utterly wrong, that statement is it is.

I've been thinking of a geek-with-feet FAQ, but a daemon news article
sounds ideal too.

Cheers,
Julian.