Subject: Stale problem reports (was: Incorrect information on www.netbsd.org)
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 06/16/1999 17:39:47
Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com> writes:

> If you'd like to cite actual problems rather than flame, please open
> PRs on exact problems.

It would probably be more interesting to send bug reports if you knew
that someone would actually look at them, which doesn't seem to be the
case right now (correct me if I'm wrong). Of the 1325 PR:s I can read
from the web-interface, 1137 are still open.

The only way I know of getting things fixed are by bugging someone in
specific about it, and this is exactly what I *don't* want *my* users
to do.

Many problems are hard to solve, but they could at least be moved to
the analyzed bin instead of just being ignored.

(moved to advocacy)

/Johan