Subject: Re: Penguin Butcher T-Shirts
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 06/11/1999 01:45:36
On Thu, Jun 10, 1999 at 11:06:19PM +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> We need someone with drawing skills who makes a better one e.g. with
> a daemon standing on a slayed penguin. :-)
Apropos daemon and Kirk McKusick's copyright on it:

The *BSDs have such a libaral license but in comparison to the software
the use of their daemon logo is very restricted.
(see http://www.mckusick.com/beastie/mainpage/copyright.html )

I don't think you have to ask anyone for permission or write copyright
messages next to it if you draw stupid looking fat penguins.

I really like the daemon but this restrictions annoye me a bit and are
surely limiting it's (his?) widespread use.

OTOH this may prevent anyone to print something equivalent to the penguin
with the fork in the head (a daemon coverd with guano?!?) in larger
volumes...
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.