Subject: Re: Want to be ticked off?
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: None <cyber@ecst.csuchico.edu>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 05/17/1999 18:56:35
Christos Zoulas wrote:
] Not to my knowledge, but we should all do.
] And point out that either he did not do his job researching, or he
] has a bias against NetBSD.
]

I followed up to Brian, but failed to group reply, here is what I said:
<begin message>
Yes, I fired off a note, it is currently enroute to people:

[begin quoted message]

I've forwarded this to Tech editor Jeff Kummer and to Julio Ojeda-Zapata. We wi
ll consider your request promptly.
Nancy Conner

cyber@dis.org wrote:

> In regards to Julio Ojeda-Zapata's article "OS Also-Rans":
>
> You forgot a key OS in the BSD family: NetBSD.
> This is the OS that OpenBSD was derived from and
> is generally as secure as OpenBSD.  NetBSD is also one of, if not the, most w
idely ported OS.  It supports 20 different architectures fully integrated into
the source base as of the current 1.4 release.  (Some other OS's claim multi ar
chitechture, but in reality, are just seperate groups with just the same name.)
  Complete information about NetBSD can be found at www.netbsd.org.

--
Nancy Conner
Reader Advocate

[end quoted message]

Time will tell what becomes of it..

-=erik.
<end message>
--
Hack the Media.                                       Life is an illusion.