Subject: RE: "Marketing" page preview...
To: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@pgh.net>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 05/08/1999 08:36:53
On 08-May-99 Matthew Orgass spoke unto us all:
#    There is not too much there yet, but it should at least show the general
#  outline.

I like it, but a few suggestions..

If you say something like "Lyx is the only word processor available for
NetBSD", qualify that slightly..  Don't make it sound like we only have one
word processor and therefore we suck.  Make it clear that we run the same free
applications any other OS would, like linux, or freebsd.  Perhaps we don't have
pkgs for them yet, but they would run..  And point out that stuff like
StarOffice is not free.

Also your line: "NetBSD does not come with everything needed for most
applications..."  Seems very misleading...  The CD's do ship with the pkg
system on board..  and as far as the OS is concerned, we do "come with
everything needed for most applications".

Something that we need to really make a point of, that Linux is *much* better
at than we are, is that all these "Linux software" items floating around will
really run on netbsd too.

I like the idea, and the design though..

---
Tim Rightnour  -  root@garbled.net
Free Multi-Platform Operating System: http://www.netbsd.org