Subject: Linus on BSD
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Calvin Vette <cvette@borders.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 05/05/1999 15:55:24
From the ABCNEWS.Com chat today:

                 Jon Lewis from atlantic.net at 2:46pm ET
                 What's your opinion on the various BSD's vs Linux? BSD
                 proponents still claim the BSD networking code is
                 cleaner/faster than the Linux code and that BSD in
general
                 is more scalable. In your opinion, is any of this still
true?

                 Linus Torvalds at 2:47pm ET
                 No.

                 What did you expect me to say, seriously?

                 Actually, I think the major lack in BSD is the lack of
                 interest and the fact that they haven't really gotten
people
                 worked up about their cause. A lot of them seem to be
                 fairly old-fashioned ("we cater to the /original/ UNIX
                 people") or just to have given up on the market. They
aren't
                 hungry enough, I think.