Subject: Re: your mail
To: None <James.Spath@bdk.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 05/03/1999 09:45:52
On Mon, May 03, 1999 at 07:46:40AM -0400, James.Spath@bdk.com wrote:
> As a die-hard lynx user, I found the provided text menus at www.php.net still
> usable,
> although there should be ALTs for the images.  As far as the javascript, is
> there
> similar code that doesn't come with such restrictive copyrights?:
>
> [...]
>         3. The PHP Development Team reserves the right to revoke such
>            authorization at any time, and any such use shall be dis-
>            continued immediately upon notice from the PHP Development
>            Team.

That's new in there. A few months ago, someone discovered a french web site
with PHP's entire look and feel, javascript and all. I imagine that's what
caused that to go in.

I expect we could get a permission to use and an exemption from (3).

I hadn't specifically meant using the php.net javascript, just an example
of a page with a (I feel) clean and effective use of pop-ups. We could write
something different, although I always like re-use :-)

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,