Subject: Re: "Why to BSD in a Linux World"
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 05/02/1999 19:19:58
On Sun, May 02, 1999 at 05:12:29PM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE> writes:
> > Jason Downs, an OpenBSD developer writes:
> > "Open-BSD's focus is on security, FreeBSD's goal is to be easier to
> > use and to have better performance, while NetBSD is mostly an academic
> > research platform".
> >
> > Well, I'm not really happy about the last part since (IMHO) it impies
> > that NetBSD isn't designed or used for "Real Work"(TM)... :-/.
>
> I hardly expect downsj to say anything else.

Yes, I sent Jason a private message, which I felt I worded fairly
politely. He was insulting (to the OS, not to me), and showed no
remorse. ;-)

It's a shame that people would rather name call than work together.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,