Subject: Re: "Why to BSD in a Linux World"
To: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 05/02/1999 09:36:43
On Sun, May 02, 1999 at 02:26:28PM +0200, Thilo Manske wrote:
> I just read this article:
> http://www.computerbits.com/archive/19990300/bsd.htm
> (found the link in the news section of the latest daemonnews issue)
>
> Jason Downs, an OpenBSD developer writes:
> "Open-BSD's focus is on security, FreeBSD's goal is to be easier to
> use and to have better performance, while NetBSD is mostly an academic
> research platform".
>
> Well, I'm not really happy about the last part since (IMHO) it impies
> that NetBSD isn't designed or used for "Real Work"(TM)... :-/.

It also implies that OpenBSD's focus is on securing an academic
research platform ;-p

I'll ask if that can be changed. (the web page)
Aside from that nit, so far, it looks well written.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,