Subject: Re: your mail
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 05/02/1999 09:22:50
On Sun, May 02, 1999 at 06:45:21AM -0400, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> Thus spake David Maxwell
> > On Sat, May 01, 1999 at 06:25:51PM -0500, seebs@plethora.net wrote:
> > Take a look at www.php.net. Those are some of the nicest buttons +
>
> Doesn't work in the two browsers I use.  I guess what you mean is that
> this.  The NetBSD page is extremely lynx friendly.  Let's not lose that.

Yes + No.

Yes, NetBSD's main page should remain Lynx friendly.
No, that doesn't mean we should sacrifice some of the prettier html
	options available to us.

Either have the web server detect the client, and for well known graphical
ones with images loading, send them the pretty one, and the plainer one
for others. (content is the same on both)
Or resort to the classic (lynx/text version here) link.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,