Subject: Re: Supported Platforms webpage
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: D'Arcy" "J.M. <darcy@druid.druid.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 05/02/1999 07:53:00
Thus spake David Brownlee
> 	I'm toying with the idea of merging the 'formal' and
> 	'experimental' release lists into a single table.
>
> 	I have a sample up at:
>
> 		ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming/abs/index.html
>
> 	What do people think?

I like it.  It makes the first impression of the list of ports better.
However, why not move the text about experimental ports to the top.  My
first reading of that page was that the list is all completed ports, even
if not all released, and that there is a further list of experimental
ports.  I then wonder where that second list is.  If the text precedes
the list (following the existing paragraph) then the "None" link can
be replaced with the word "Experimental" and the reader already knows
what that means.  It also means that more information is available in
fewer clicks, always a useful goal.