Subject: Re: Emulation info...
To: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@pgh.net>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/28/1999 17:02:50
Matthew Orgass <darkstar@pgh.net> writes:
> What is the status of each emulation mode?  What is not yet
> implemented?  What applications have you used in emulation?  What
> applications have not worked in emulation?
> [ ... ]
> * OSF/1

Until recently, OSF/1 (then Digital UNIX, now i guess Tru64 UNIX or
whatever 8-) emulation was just about completely useless.

wouldn't even compile, let alone run useful programs.

recently, i've been working to fix it.  there will undoubtedly be
announcements when certain milestones have been reached.

cgd