Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.4 CD (was Re: [jkh@zippy.cdrom.com: FreeBSD 3.2 to be given to attendees of USENIX Technical Conference])
To: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@confusion.net>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/28/1999 11:16:05
"Michael K. Sanders" <msanders@confusion.net>  wrote:
 > So does this mean there'll be a NetBSD 1.4 CD similar to the wonderful
 > 1.3.2 CD?  I assume those of us who aren't attending USENIX will be
 > able to buy it somewhere?

You won't be able to buy the disks that are being pressed with a
grant from Usenix because the money from usenix covers just enough
for each conference attendee; not to mention that it would be in
extremely poor taste to sell something someone else paid for.

In summary, I would say you made a bad assumption.

As to 'will we be pressing 1.4 CD's after Usenix?' I would hope to
be able to do so but until firm plans have been made, I don't think
we're prepared to promise anything at this point.

 > Some information on www.netbsd.org and www.netbsd.com would be
 > great...

yes, it would.