Subject: Re: Sydney user group
To: Louis Bertrand <louis@signalpath.on.ca>
From: Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/27/1999 15:21:46
On Mon, Apr 26, 1999 at 11:10:55AM -0400, Louis Bertrand wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Sue Blake wrote:
>
> > A new user group is starting in Sydney for *BSD users.
> > First meeting is Sunday 16 May.
> >
> > To subscribe to the mailing list, send mail to
> > majordomo@welearn.com.au containing only the line
> >     subscribe fugsy
> > and then say hello to the others on the list while we discuss final details
> > (including a better name).
> >
> > We need more NetBSD users so if you're in or near Sydney (or NSW for that
> > matter), please sign up and let us know you're out there!
> >

> Fugsy?

It's not the group's name, just the name of the initial mailing list
that I made up to get it going. Fortuately it was only intended as
temporary, because as soon as the FreeBSD folk got talking we realised
that we all wanted to include all *BSDs, and cover the state since some
of us are already travelling in from two cities away. We'll settle on a
name over the next few days.

The first meeting will start over Chinese tucker at Hornsby at midday on
Sunday 16th May. Sign up to the list to get details.

> Got any more details? I can squeek it in for the May news page.
> Let us know how it goes...

Thanks :-)
I'm not sure if I can get email through to you directly these days.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-