Subject: Re: Marketroid nuggets
To: Gandhi woulda smacked you <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/24/1999 10:43:01
On Fri, Apr 23, 1999 at 02:25:46PM -0700, Gandhi woulda smacked you wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Apr 1999 seebs@plethora.net wrote:
>
> # Functionality, Stability, Price.  NetBSD:  Pick all four.
>

> 	** RRIRIIIIIPppppppp! ** [enter daemon with pitchfork in hand]
>
> "NOBODY expects the NetBSD inquisition!  Our chief weapon is Functionality.
> Functionality and stability.  Our *two* chief weapons are Functionality
> and Stability.  And price.  OUR THREE chief weapons are functionality,
> stability, and price, and fanatical portability to many platforms.
> AMONG our chief weapons..."
> 			-- with many thanks to Monty Python.
> 				--*greywolf;

Very nice, the joke and the Slogan. I was thinking something along the
same lines...

Power, Flexibility, Performance, NetBSD.

I like the "Pick all four" bit. I'd like to suggest we replace Price
with something else though. Every person I've talked to about
OSs in a business setting says that price is not an issue, supportability
is.

I like to emphasize Open-Source over 'Free', but I don't think either
fit well in a Slogan.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,