Subject: Re: Merced
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Brad Walker <bwalker@musings.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/21/1999 14:27:11

> Brad Walker <bwalker@musings.com> writes:
> > So while I think it would be cool to get NetBSD ported over to Merced.
> > I'm of the opinion this would have to be done as a commerical venture
>
> Why? Most of our other ports were not.
>
> .pm

I didn't mean to imply that it couldn't or shouldn't be done the
way we traditionally have done it. But, rather the original poster
of the mail was saying it would be nice to have this done when the
Merced chips & machines start shipping. Which I agree with.

I was simply saying to have it done this quickly would probably require
a non-traditional means. Ie. some type of commercial support..
Especially since testbeds, ICE equipment, prototypes and docs for the
Merced are very sparse these days until the stuff is formally released.

-brad w.