Subject: printing package dependencies.
To: None <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Alistair G. Crooks <agc@ftp.netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/21/1999 07:31:56
Peter,

> In message <199904191908.AA00483@quatre.pa.dec.com>, Hal Murray writes:
> >Do you have a list of the software you put on her disk?
>
> Not particularly, but basically, Windowmaker, screen, mtools, Lyx, and their
> dependancies.  (Which, BTW, was a bear to do, because I had to manually figure
> out build-time dependancies and re-install.)

Funny. It works for me:

crooksa@sys2:/u/crooksa/NetBSD/nb-pkgsrc/print/lyx> bmake print-depends-list
This port requires package(s) "dialog-0.6z gmake-3.77 gtexinfo-3.12 ispell-3.1.20 ncurses-1.9.9g perl-5.00404 teTeX-0.4p8 xforms-0.88 xpm-3.4k" to build.
crooksa@sys2:/u/crooksa/NetBSD/nb-pkgsrc/print/lyx>

(and that's on a Solaris 2.6 box)

I'm sure I'm missing something here, though. Whenever I install
packages by building, it builds and installs any pre-requisites
that aren't already installed.

And you can always make binary packages and use pkg_add to install
them on the target box.

Regards,
Alistair