Subject: Re: core resignations
To: Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/21/1999 08:32:17
On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, Charles M. Hannum wrote:

> Ah, once again, Curt is pulling one of his favorite tricks.

Yes. That would be the trick of `attempting to keep a flamewar out
of the mailing lists.'

You mentioned that sometimes people go off the deep end even if
you're as nice as possible to them. I agreed, but clarified that
that's not the situation I'm talking about; I'm talking about the
situation where one isn't as nice as possible to a contributor.

You also brought up some other things that did not appear to have
much direct relation to my post, but do appear to relate to arguments
we've had before that have resulted in a bit of heat in the past.
It seemed sensible to me to reply to that portion separately and
privately, since I suspect that very few people subscribed to this
list are interested in seeing a flamewar. I explicitly prohibited
you from reposting it because there's not much point to me sending
it privately if you go and repost it to the group anyway, starting
that flamewar which I just avoided.

Unless I hear some mass chorus of disapproval about this, I will
continue to reply privately rather than publicly to particular
issues I feel are likely to start flamewars,

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   604 801 5335   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
The most widely ported operating system in the world: http://www.netbsd.org