Subject: Re: your mail
To: Paul Newhouse <newhouse@rockhead.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/20/1999 10:52:49
Paul Newhouse <newhouse@rockhead.com> writes:
> On 20 Apr 1999 11:14:32 Chris Jones wrote:
> >As it turns out, some of our users are not Amerkuns.  Certain folks
> >don't see the reference to Iwo Jima in quite the same light.
>
> Wwll, if we have to stay rigidly politically correct and have everyone
> happy with the decision, you are kinda stuck with a blank piece of paper.

*chuckle* of course, as you've already realized, "but what _color_
paper should it be?"

I seem to recall that, a few years ago (back when i was still on core
8-) we received at least one complaint about that image from a former
US armed services person, who thought it was disrespectful, too...
*sigh*

cgd