Subject: Re: your mail
To: Paul Newhouse <newhouse@rockhead.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/20/1999 06:12:08
Paul Newhouse <newhouse@rockhead.com>  wrote:
 > I kinda like it.  But then, I like, "NetBSD ... of course", as well.  My
 > usual reply to, "What do you use at home", is "NetBSD ... what else?".
 > As others in this thread have indicated, you get a lot of, "FreeBSD?".
 >
 > "No, NetBSD!"

fwiw, the Toyota Landcruiser crowd gets a lot of "Nice Jeep!" (happened to me
yesterday) to which you always reply "It's not a JEEP!" and then you get back
a "yeah, whatever"

 > I liked the squad of daemons raising the flag on Mt. Computer too ...
 > but, I guess that's fallen out of favor.

I like it but it's been there ~forever.  Also, someone recently took offense
to it and let us know through site-comments... I guess you can't offend all
of the people some of the time.