Subject: SoftPRO
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/19/1999 16:30:06
There's a store called SoftPRO in Burlington, Massachusetts, that's probably
THE best computer bookstore on the east coast. They have a second location
in Denver, I believe, and an online presence.

I was in the Burlington store recently, and I looked over their selection
of free Unix distributions. They had the typical Linux stuff and FreeBSD.
I ended up talking to the cashier, and it seems that soon they're going to
start carrying OpenBSD CDs.

Is there any way we could put together a package that could be sold at
SoftPRO and similar places? It would be a shame for NetBSD to be the only
BSD they don't carry, and I can guarantee that folks won't be buying NetBSD
CDs there if they don't have 'em.

Is this something we can reasonably pursue? It's something I think we *SHOULD*
pursue.

--
Mason Loring Bliss             ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams
mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped