Subject: Re: NetBSD: Certified mom-ready.
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/19/1999 16:25:30
On Mon, Apr 19, 1999 at 01:21:56PM -0700, Michael Graff wrote:

> OpenBSD is the king of marketing in the *BSD world.  They want to
> appear to be the only BSD with security in mind, and the most widely
> used one next to FreeBSD.  I disbelieve both.

Knowing the truth about NetBSD is good, but it doesn't grab new users and
developers like the OpenBSD marketing does. OpenBSD is giving away CDs at
upcoming events, IIRC. That's got to be useful, and someone with an OpenBSD
CD and an inclination to try BSD isn't likely to snag NetBSD.

--
Mason Loring Bliss             ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams
mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped