Subject: Re: Linux news
To: Eric Delcamp <e.delcamp@wanadoo.fr>
From: None <cyber@ecst.csuchico.edu>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/07/1999 10:12:21
  by redmail.netbsd.org with SMTP; 7 Apr 1999 17:12:22 -0000
From: cyber@ecst.csuchico.edu
To: e.delcamp@wanadoo.fr (Eric Delcamp)
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 10:12:21 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org

] >Latest Linux news: VA Research founded by Intel, Corel launch his own
] >distribution of Linux, Creative Labs get a software engineer to make audio
] >drivers for all SoundBlaster PCI cards, and later for video cards, 3Dfx put
] >a Glide driver for Linux and Banshee 2D specs on his web, Adaptec release
] >his Ultra2SCSI specs for Linux, and Symbios Logic work with Alan Cox to I2O
] >drivers.
] >
] >My question is really simple : where is NetBSD in all of this ? Leaving
] >Linux behind the scene is a little frustating for me.
] >I have asked 3 weeks ago a document describing majors changes in NetBSD
] 1.4,
] >and futures orientations of NetBSD (1.5 and later). I'm not qualified to
] >write such document, but we need it (a good place is the NetBSD web site)
] >show what NetBSD do, will do, and give me a base to contact computer
] >magazines (in France) for informations about NetBSD. This could help NetBSD
] >users too (could someone explain me what are the biggest lines of changes
] >for futures versions ?).
] >
] >We need more communications, especially with the press.

I whole hartedly agree.  If anybody has relevant contant info
for any of these companies (ie: names and extentions of those
who can influence descisions) please get in contact with me.

-=Erik Berls.

--
Hack the Media.                                       Life is an illusion.