Subject: Re: Please give me some reasons.
To: None <bmike@bigfoot.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/04/1999 13:01:14
  by redmail.netbsd.org with SMTP; 4 Apr 1999 17:01:20 -0000
	by 7thsun.piermont.com (8.8.8/8.8.8) with ESMTP id NAA11906;
	Sun, 4 Apr 1999 13:01:15 -0400 (EDT)
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 13:01:14 -0400 (EDT)
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
To: bmike@bigfoot.com
cc: netbsd-users@netbsd.org, netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org

On Sun, 4 Apr 1999 bmike@bigfoot.com wrote:

> The most machines which people use are PCs.
> The most machines which NetBSD run on are PCs, too.
> Why not choose FreeBSD, if I only have PCs?

The three reasons to use NetBSD that I can think of off-hand are

1. You have machines other than PCs you want to run it on at some point.
2. You have friends who run NetBSD.
3. You like the design of the NetBSD kernel better.

If none of these apply to you, there may not be any reason for you
to use NetBSD instead of FreeBSD. You may even have some positive
reasons for going with FreeBSD over NetBSD (such as feeling you'll
get more support from the larger user base). If that's the case,
go with FreeBSD. This sort of thing is an individual decision;
nobody's going to shout at you over it.

(Follow-ups redirected to netbsd-advocacy.)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   604 801 5335   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
The most widely ported operating system in the world: http://www.netbsd.org